- abdominal pain
Monday, July 30, 2012
FOOD POISONING FROM A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT?
At Tofaute & Spelman, we are seeing an alarming increase in the number of FOOD POISONING cases this summer. One was due to a careless employee while cleaning the restaurant, and, the other was a restaurant that kept food around too long.
In both cases, our clients became deathly sick within minutes of eating the contaminated food and immediately began vomiting, experiencing severe stomach cramping and pain, and severe diarrhea.
Each of these clients went to the emergency room for treatment - one was treated and released. The other was treated and released only to be required to return to the hospital where she was confined for several days!!
The hospital diagnosis (in the records) and later confirmed by the client's physician was BACTERIAL ENTERITIS often also called BACTERIAL GASTROENTERITIS. According to medical research COMMON SYMPTOMS include:
The most COMMON SYMPTOM is diarrhea where stools may be watery, bloody, or contain yellow or green mucus.
Our clients WON their cases thanks in large part to going promptly to the E/R and GIVING A VERY COMPLETE HISTORY OF WHAT THEY HAD EATEN A SHORT TIME BEFORE, AND, WHERE. Both of these recent cases came from eating at fast food restaurants.
IF YOU GET SICK SHORTLY AFTER EATING don't take chances. Even though most cases of food poisoning are curable and resolve, you can be in for hours and even days of pain, agony, disability, lost time from a job and suffering. GET MEDICAL HELP AND DOCUMENT where and when you ate what.