Speak to a Live Person. Lawyers on call 24/7!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011


Check your insurance because you may need it.  While on a cruise, if you are injured as the fault of the ship or crew, your rights of recovery for your injury and damages may depend on where it happened -- domestic or international waters. Coverage may depend on the ship's country of  registry -- this may not be simple. Familiarize yourself with the cruise line track record and ask your agent to fill you in, beforehand.

Going to Mexico?  Renting a car there?  Be careful!  Your car insurance in the USA will probably not cover you!  It's always a good idea to ask your agent before you go. Most  domestic insurance will not be good there.   You can purchase insurance at the car rental agency in Mexico that will cover you, just be sure to ask "all the questions" and get it in writing before you take your Mexican rental car on the road.

Remember too that most of that insurance will not cover you if you go "off road" in Mexico.  Just remember to bring all your questions to your insurance agent and the rental car agency and ask them BEFORE you sign on the dotted line.

Tofaute & Spelman.  We have a Terre Haute Personal Injury Lawyer who can answer your accident questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.